The Farm Table
We’re excited to announce a rare & unique opportunity for enthusiastic and passionate chefs to master the woodfired oven in our new restaurant ‘The Farm Table’ along with helping out in our main daytime Restaurant, under the leadership of our two head chefs’.
We envisage ‘The Farm Table’ opening by September/October 2021 but we would like to bring the successful applicant into our team in good time to gain an understanding of the business and get to know our Darts Farm family.
The Farm Table will be a celebration of the very best local, seasonal and artisan food & drink, either produced by ourselves or by growers, farmers & fisherman who pursue flavour & champion sustainable, regenerative & ethical practices.
Cooking over charcoal and wood fire, we seek to create a culinary experience like no other; somewhere for food lovers and producers to come together to learn, share and enjoy world class food & drink.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about quality local & artisan food to make seasonal, sourdough pizzas using outstanding ingredients from our farm and food hall. Someone who enjoys the buzz of a busy environment and thrives in a customer facing role.
- The Pizza Kitchen is positioned in the heart of the restaurant, in full view of guests. The pizza chef must have exceptional presentation skills and the ability to engage and communicate with customers.
- You’ll have strong basic knowledge of working methods and cooking techniques with an appetite to learn new skills.
- You’ll have experience operating both wood and gas fired ovens.
- You’ll be responsible for the operation and organisation of the pizza kitchen, managing the planning and forecasting of stock levels, processing & delegating orders and setting daily production levels.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work both day and night shifts in The Farm Table and main daytime restaurant.
- You’ll have excellent communication and time management skills. Coordinating service with the charcoal grill chef & front of house staff to ensure a seamless experience for guests.
- You’ll guarantee that Food Safety standards are adhered to by enforcing the high standard of hygiene and sanitation.
- This position comes with a generous pay package
- A generous monthly service charge addition
- 28 days holiday per year
- Time off at Christmas, Easter & New Year
- Pension contributions
- Free staff meals
- Generous discount across Darts Farm departments & tenants.
- Working in a friendly, community-orientated family business.