The Farm Table
We’re thrilled to announce a rare and unique opportunity for an ambitious, creative & dependable Chef to play an important supporting role within our passionate & dynamic team; helping to lead and inspire in our exciting new restaurant ‘The Farm Table’ at Darts Farm along with helping out in our main daytime Restaurant.
We envisage ‘The Farm Table’ opening by September/October 2021 but we would like to bring the successful applicant into our team in good time to gain an understanding of the business and get to know our Darts Farm family.
The Farm Table will be a celebration of the very best local, seasonal and artisan food & drink, either produced by ourselves or by growers, farmers & fisherman who pursue flavour & champion sustainable, regenerative & ethical practices.
Cooking over charcoal and wood fire, we seek to create a culinary experience like no other; somewhere for food lovers and producers to come together to learn, share and enjoy world class food & drink.
We’re looking for someone who cares about good food, how and where it’s produced and is passionate about cooking with charcoal, wood fire & fermentation. Someone who’s inspired by seasonality and able to make simple ingredients the star of the show. We need a team player, someone who enjoys the buzz of a busy environment and brings the best out of others.
- Excellent communication, leadership and management skills. The ability to delegate, empower and encourage continuous improvement, maintaining a positive and progressive atmosphere in the kitchen.
- To assist the Head Chef in developing, evolving and executing seasonal menus.
- Maintain and exceed an exceptional quality of service and output.
- Assisting the Head Chef with the operation and organisation of the kitchen, managing the planning and forecasting of stock levels, processing & delegating orders and setting daily production levels.
- To step in and lead the team in the absence of the head chef.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work both day and night shifts in The Farm Table and main daytime restaurant.
- Accountable for the management of stock so that waste is kept to a minimum.
- To ensure that all dishes are costed correctly and are in line with the required profit margins.
- Responsibility for kitchen hygiene and sanitation standards. To be fully aware of the company’s food policies and food handlers’ responsibilities in line with legislation and contractual obligations.
- To be fully aware of all Health and Safety policy and procedures relevant to your role and department
- This position comes with a generous pay package
- A generous monthly service charge addition
- 28 days holiday per year
- Visits to producers and opportunity to build relationships
- Time off at Christmas, Easter & New Year
- Pension contributions
- Free staff meals
- Generous discount across Darts Farm departments & tenants.
- Working in a friendly community-orientated family business.