- Scatter broken up chunks of pumpkins in your garden to feed local wildlife such as squirrels and rabbits - do not put your pumpkins out if you have resident hedgehogs!
- Feed the insects in your garden! Bury chunks of seedless pumpkins in your garden for insects and worms to feed on and recycle its nutrients into the soil.
- Pumpkins are 90% water, which means they quickly begin breaking down once they have been carved; making them a great addition to your compost pile - just remember to remove the seeds first!
- Perfect for feeding your chickens or birds waiting your garden - just let the seeds dry and scatter them ouside or mix them with birdseed and pop them into your bird feeder.
- Replant your seeds and support local pollinators! Pumpkins are part of the squash family, and their flowers are a food source for pollinators such as bees and butterflies. So save some pumpkin seeds and grow your own of pumpkin plants next year! They are east to grow, low maintenance garden plants and not only will you grow your own pumpkins to carve next Halloween, you'll be supporting pollinators in the spings and summer months too!
Perfect for winter warmers, pumpkins are full of antioxidants and are great for giving your immune system a boost. If you fancy a spot of winter cooking, check out our amazing recipes to turn your pumpkins into delicious seasonal dishes...
Here at Darts Farm, our fields are our larder. Tom, the Head Chef in our new restaurant The Farm Table, has created this delicious seasonal dish (a twist on the Italian classic); its a firm favourite amongst the team!
Filled with sweet pumpkin and warming spice, this indulgent pumpkin pie is a delicious autumnal desert!
This delicious stew uses seasonal ingredients, including our home-grown, slow-reared beef. The ultimate winter warmer, cook it on the hob or in a slow cooker.
This healthy, creamy pumpkin soup is the perfect winter warmer for those darker evenings. What better way to use up your leftover Halloween pumpkins!
For us, nothing says Spring like a delicious lamb roast accompanied by minted, seasonal veg and garlic butter new potatoes!
A super exciting announcement!