For the pork...
- Add all the of the stock ingredients into the slow cooker and stir slightly.
- Gently add the pork belly into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and allow it to drain. Pat the pork dry with some paper towel.
- Place the pork under a grill with the fat side up and cook until the top is crispy. Keep an eye on it as it will burn quickly.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, mix the glaze ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Once the top of the pork belly is crispy, slice into serving size pieces and pour the glaze over the top.
- Serve & Enjoy.
Pork recipe adapted from 'slowcookingperfect'
For the mash...
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Return to the boil and cook, covered, for 15-20 mins or until the potatoes are tender; you should be able to easily pierce them with a fork.
- In a seperate, smaller pan bring water to the boil and add the shredded cabbage. Boil for 5-10 mins until tender, keeping a close eye that it does not over cook.
- Drain the potatoes through a colander, then set aside to steam dry for 3-4 mins – this will help them become extra fluffy when mashed.
- Meanwhile, put the milk in the potato pan and gently warm through over a low heat. Tip the dry potatoes back into the pan and mash well until fully combined with the milk. Keep mashing for a really smooth mash, scooping around the edges of the pan to ensure nothing is missed, or leave slightly textured if preferred.
- Dot over the butter, spring onions and cabbage then season and stir to mix in before serving.