- For the marinade: mix all the marinade ingredients together (except the peppers, onions and tortillas).Transfer half the marinade into a double-lined plastic food bag. Add the beef, seal and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or, if time allows, overnight. Toss the vegetables in the remaining marinade, transfer to a second plastic food bag, seal and chill until required.
- For the pico de gallo: in a bowl, mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan until hot. Cook the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium). Transfer to a large plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and cook in batches in the griddle pan for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables start to lightly char. Transfer to a large plate with any juices from the pan.
- Slice the steak across the grain and serve with the peppers, tortillas, garnishes and the pico de gallo.
Image and recipe courtesy of AHDB from simplybeefandlamb.co.uk