Eat with purpose using this amazing seasonal recipe by the @real.foodie - using fresh courgettes and rainbow chard from our fields!
1. Toast the pine nuts on a low heat for a few mins until golden. Set aside to top.
2. Get your pasta on to cook (the sauce should be cooked at the same time)
3. Pop the leeks & chard stalks in a pan with a little olive oil – soften for 1-2 mins. Then add the courgettes. Cook for another 1-2mins (I don't like super soft veg). Grate in the garlic. Cook out for 1 min.
4. Add the 1/2 a stock melt + pasta water. Let that dissolve. Then add the cream. Then the parmesan. Mix, taste, adjust & season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the chard leaves (I stack the leaves, roll them up, then slice them super fine). Pop a lid on & steam/cook for 1-2 mins.
6. Give it a good stir. Add pasta (+ a little more pasta water if needed). Serve topped with pine nuts & extra parm.
For more seasonal recipe inspirations, take a look at Emy's instagram @real.foodie
For us, nothing says Spring like a delicious lamb roast accompanied by minted, seasonal veg and garlic butter new potatoes!
Paul is making the most of Charlton Orchard's wonderful, local apples.